Ok, I'm trying, but this just doesn't make sense to me.
You're saying I was never able to see my file after I "save as" to png or
jpg, in
prior versions of GIMP.
I don't think anyone here is deliberately giving out bad information, but I
just don't
understand this.   I still have GIMP 2.6 on a very old Think-Pad laptop
running ubuntu.
I can not only see the file after I "save as" but I can also edit it.
Here is a screenshot.   I opened gimp >create new > made one blend stroke,
then Saved As jpg.
I do see the file.
Then I went to Edit --  and took a screenshot showing that I am able to edit
that file.  Not just see, but see it and edit it.
I can't do this in gimp 2.8 because that ability has been removed.
Click on the screenshot to enlarge it.
  You can see that it has been saved as a jpg and is still available.  So,
I'm sorry and I apologize for being tiresome,
 but I just don'tunderstand what you are saying.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwid...@mpc.com.br>wrote:

> On 10 January 2014 00:43, Helen <etter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > yes, thank you for that, but I donw't want to to import it as a new gimp
> > image.
> > I want to still be able to see my jpg file.  This really is not about the
> > (slight in
> > my view) inconvenience of another keystroke.  It's about not being able,
> > regardless
> > of how many keystrokes, to see my file after it's exported.  I think I
> will
> > have to
> > give up because I can't seem to find the right words to make anyone
> > understand.
> >
> Let's try to rephrase again:
> You never before in GIMP could "see your jpg file" after it was written
> to disk, unless you performed a "file->revert" right after you "saved" to
> JPG in versions prior to GIMP 2.8;  The data you kept
> seeing on GIMP, with the attached "name" of the jpg file
> was the data as it was in GIMP memory, prior to writing the file -
> just as it happens in GIMP 2.8.
> Therefore, you are just complaining that you could fool yourself before -
> and current GIMP does not allow you to be tricked into thinking the image
> you are seeing is exactly what is on the jpg file anymore.
>   js
>  -><-
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwid...@mpc.com.br>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> In time:
> >>
> >>
> >> In one of your previous messages, you say you loose a lot of time having
> >> to re-open the exported images to check them -
> >> Maybe you haven't noticed that exported images are listed
> >> in the "recent files" just as saved ones,
> >> and that the "ctrl + 1" keyboard shortcut
> >> will import, as  a new gimp image, any just exported message
> >> in seconds? (And this way you will actually see the image
> >> as represented in that file, on disk). So, maybe this will
> >> fix your perceived workflow from previous versions.
> >>
> >>   js
> >>  -><-
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Helen Etters
> > using Linux, suse12.3

Helen Etters
using Linux, suse12.3
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Reply via email to