On 10 January 2014 00:43, Helen <etter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, thank you for that, but I donw't want to to import it as a new gimp
> image.
> I want to still be able to see my jpg file.  This really is not about the
> (slight in
> my view) inconvenience of another keystroke.  It's about not being able,
> regardless
> of how many keystrokes, to see my file after it's exported.  I think I will
> have to
> give up because I can't seem to find the right words to make anyone
> understand.

Let's try to rephrase again:
You never before in GIMP could "see your jpg file" after it was written
to disk, unless you performed a "file->revert" right after you "saved" to
JPG in versions prior to GIMP 2.8;  The data you kept
seeing on GIMP, with the attached "name" of the jpg file
was the data as it was in GIMP memory, prior to writing the file -
just as it happens in GIMP 2.8.

Therefore, you are just complaining that you could fool yourself before -
and current GIMP does not allow you to be tricked into thinking the image
you are seeing is exactly what is on the jpg file anymore.