Hi,

David Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> He might not forgive me for this, but here's jimmac's list of
> user visible changes in 2.0 when compared to 1.2:
> http://jimmac.musichall.cz/stuff/private/gimp-2/html/index.xhtml

That's a nice draft (not sure though if Jimmac will be happy about
seeing the URL posted here). However it is already quite outdated.
Some of the points that are marked as being annoyant or incomplete
have been addressed in the meantime. Also most screenshots need to
be redone.

Inspired by a comment from this article, I just added a (somewhat
hackish) power user feature. Since it might also be useful for
demonstrations, I am mentioning it here. With very latest CVS you can
now specify a session name on the command-line. This will cause an
alternate sessionrc to be used. This allows you to prepare setups for
different purposes. Might be useful for demonstrations: first show a
default setup, then start again with all dockables on screen. Also
allows you to keep sessions for different screen resolutions.

Sven