On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 01:16:13PM -0800, Carol Spears wrote:
> if you are working on a reasonable size image, i think that TheGIMP will
> render the effect quicker doing things its way with reasonably the same
> number of keystrokes as photoshop.

Some performance issues seem not to have anything to do with the size of
the file being worked on and should be fast, whether the workpiece is
large or small, irrespective of the memory available.  For instance when
I invoke File|Save As under Linux I immediately get the file chooser
dialog.  When I do the same under Windows it takes perhaps 2 or 3
seconds for the file chooser to open.
Steve Crane