While (advanced) CYMK capabilities is a current project in Gimp development, the LINUXPRINTING site is valuable for the HP designed/created print drivers, and I assume other print drivers. I have an HP6122 (color duplex inkjet) and with the HP PPD file (driver) am now able to get more control over the printer than I had with "generic drivers". The driver is also recognized by all of the software that I use which provides for better and more complete print control. As a side affect, Gimp color output was truer to what it displayed, though I have not attempted to verify exactness nor CYMK control other than a couple of simplistic tests.

Tom Williams wrote: