On Sunday 08 July 2007 14:37:01 Manish Singh wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 02:42:22PM -0700, David Southwell wrote:
> > I rather gather there are those who disparage gimpshop and wish it to
> > fail and those who wish it to succeed but are afraid of offending some
> > members of the former group.
> >
> > Maybe gimp could benefit from a more catholic and generous approach being
> > espoused by everyone.
> Maybe the creator of GimpShop should have respected the GIMP community
> instead of rejecting it. He did not consult anyone on any of the GIMP
> lists at all as to proper approaches, or even showed any interest in
> actually making useful contributions.
You are reacting on a person centred rather than a project centred basis. It
may be personally satisfying to you to believe you are punishing the gimpshop
creator because you do not approve of what he did or how he did it. In fact
you are only punishing those who might be drawn to use or contribute to gimp
because gimpshop exists.IMHO it would be bnetter to let go of the negativity
and explore long term positivity.

Build up a community that wants something  better but uses gimpshop as a
temporary hack. Learn from gimpshop what is needed and then draw development
energy from the community to develop something better.

My plea is for you guys to stop using your guts to think and let your brains
provide sound and constructive strategies for the long term benefit of gimp.

David Southwell