??? wrote:
> On 2008-01-29 [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wrote
>> Quoting Zhang Weiwu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>> I wish to achieve the effect to add a deep pucker on the skin, as of
>>> the bone is broken underneath the sking or there is a joint underneath.
>>> Or should I use the word "wrinkle" or "crinkle", I am not sure. I am a
>>> new gimp user who just managed to learn conceptual things like layers,
>>> path, selection, mask and channel, and now I don't know where to start
>>> to read if I wish to get it done.
>> You might try using the "Grow" and "Shrink" options of the IWarp  
>> filter ("Filters->Distorts->IWarp...").
> Thanks. Actually I tried these things first, this is the first plugin I
> managed to use, it can hardly achieve the effect having "pucker" on the
> skin. I knew it's difficult to express what I wish to have, thus here is
> attached a picture of sking with no pucker and a picture sking with a
> "pucker". Have a look at the screen you can also correct my expression
> (actually, I am not sure at all of pucker is the right word).

I think you would call it a 'crease' or a 'fold'.

Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to