Ok, so, I downloaded Gimp 2.6.7 from GetDeb along with the library files and
the data files.  When I try to run the package installer, I get an error that
there is a dependency problem with the lib files.

Is my problem caused because I have not uninstalled 2.6.6?  I know it's not a
problem uninstalling 2.6.6, but I hate to do that if it isn't necessary - I'm
guessing all my plugins, etc. would have to be reinstalled if 2.6.7 install is
not successful.

Adivse would be most appreciated.  If this question has already been asked,
or if it does not belong here, please let me know and also accept my

Carusoswi (via www.gimpusers.com)