> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:26:55 -0400
> From: Bruce Dawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I have no problems with starting a GNHLUG Ubuntu SIG. Might be useful
> having a Redhat/CentOS one too. And probably Debian.

I think having a generic "Advocacy SIG" would be most appropriate,
most effective, and least prone to catastrophic disintegration.  With
a distribution-agnostic SIG, any vendor -- Ubuntu, RedHat, Debian, --
could contribute indiscriminantly to FOSS/Linux advocacy activities.

> distribution is best. (Although the merits of each for a well-documented
> and specific purpose might be allowed).

With this quid pro quo, I agree.  Some distributions *are* more
appropriate for certain specific purposes.  For example, the Windows
user who has never used Linux before will almost certainly be more
comfortable with Ubuntu than with Slackware.  Consequently, handing
out specifically Ubuntu install disks to potential new users is likely
to be appropriate.

But for the SIG itself, I think that would best be left distro-neutral.