On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 10:55, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[snip]

> Most of those gripes are a matter of RH not having experience
> sysadmins doing QA for them.

  Um, EXCUSE ME, but I'm an experienced sysadmin and *I* do QA for
them.  I'm on the beta team.  And I know *many* who do testing who are
quite experienced sysadmins as well.  However, I concede, that I can't
test everything.

>  Compare Derek's complaints to what I
> would consider "standard sysadmin practices" as espoused by Evi
> Nemeth, et al, in the UNIX/Linux System Administrator's Handbook
> series.  RH violates these basic practices with their configurations
> many times.

  *sigh*  I see the horse *is* still twitching.  At first glance, and
knowing Red Hat's distribution quite well, I'd have to disagree.
However, I will now go read Derek's supposedly entertaining bug reports
for a more accurate understanding of what you are saying.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator