In a message dated: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:25:26 EDT
"Derek D. Martin" said:

>However in Red Hat's defense, one thing to realize is that the number of
>software components included with a distribution like Red Hat makes it
>impossible to QA everything thoroughly.

Which is also one of the reasons it takes Debian 2.5 years to issue a
new release!  The number of packages shipped with Linux distributions
these days is simply astounding, bordering on ridiculous.  I haven't
touched anything but Linux for over 2 years now, and I'm quite sure
I'd feel lost elsewhere with commercial system's sparsity of packages!

Regardless of distribution, you get a lot more bang for your buck
with Linux than you do with any commercial OS!  Now, if we could just
boost the QA level of all the distributions a little :)
--

Seeya,
Paul