On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, at 10:59am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>       The iterations of Linux distros have some major bugs in them.
>
> It's more accurate, and much more general :)

  Might as well be completely honest:

  The various iterations of most software have some major bugs in them.

  Or, to use my preferred quote:

  "If builders designed buildings the way programmers write programs, the
first wood pecker to come along would have destroyed civilization."
                                        -- Gerald Weinberg

> However, as you point out, at least with Linux, not only can be do
> something about it, but we can expect a fix within a reasonable amount of
> time ...

  I say that a lot.  It is not that Linux is perfect.  Heck, even typing
that makes me laugh!  No, the advantage Linux has is that one can find and
fix the problems a heck of a lot quicker and easier on Linux than on a
commercial OS.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>