Uday Barad flung this topic on Goanet without any preliminaries.
Reminds me of those cavemen drawings where a man fancies a woman and
instead of wooing her, just clubs her one on the head and drags her
into a cave to do the dirty.

Well Uday, most of the readers of Goanet reside outside of Goa and of
them most do not keep in daily touch with what is happening in Goa.

While I thank you for giving the odd information like:
This will result in transferring assets of 4000 crore rupees to the Centre.
This is being done to increase GU employees retirement ages by 5 years.
There will be the expected "bhaille" staffing the faculty and
administrative services at the cost of Goans.

As a "Goan outsider", here is what I think without having any more
information at hand...

If the standard of GU is anything like the Goa Medical College
Hospital at Bambolim, then things could only get better.

GU students will now get recognition for their studies when they apply
for further education abroad. So also plum jobs in India or abroad.
Ask any student from GU and on the other hand from say JNU (Jawaharlal
Nehru University)  a Central University in Delhi. The faculty of GU
will now be infused with the best blood from all over the country.

A good Goan University faculty member can get natural employment in GU
or in any other Indian University. Does being a State University mean
that below-standard Goan faculty should get refuge here?

I wouldn't be worried about the 4K crore asset transfer to the Central
Govt. The whole of Goa belongs to Delhi. Ask any Goa minister.

What's wrong with GU employees getting a break on their retirement ages?

People from outside the state are flooding into Goa. With GU becoming
a central University at least more of the "bhailles" will be
university grade rather than "pissing on the Panjim streets" grade.

I could think of some more reasons but I shall leave you, Uday, to
counter these natural thoughts that come into my mind.

Regards,

--
Roland Francis
Toronto