Hi,

On 2026-09-09 at 13:11-07:00, Ian Eure wrote:
> If anyone would like to pick up maintaining LibreWolf, I’d be happy
> to hand it off; drop me an email or contact me on IRC.

Thanks a lot for packaging and maintaining LibreWolf!
I've been using it since it was added to Guix.

On 2026-09-14 at 14:57-07:00, Brennan Vincent wrote:
> On 2026-09-09 at 13:11-07:00, Ian Eure wrote:
> > I’ll likely continue to maintain it in my personal channel
> > until I find a suitable slop-free OS, but will not
> > be contributing these updates.  The timeline for ceasing
> > to maintain this is unknown, as I’ll need to find a suitably
> > anti-slop OS, and the entire software landscape
> > is increasingly dire.
>
> Are there any distros that entirely reject LLM contributions?

There are plenty of GNU/Linux distributions that do so:
https://noai.starlightnet.work/list.html#linux-distributions

That being said, most upstream packages have been ensloppified,
from the Linux kernel and language implementations,
to font rendering library.  From a user's POV, there's no escaping
if one wants to browse the web, even on a slop-free _OS_ like Haiku.

It's a bit different if one's wish is to participate in a project
where fellow contributors do not use the license laundry machines.

On 2026-09-14 at 14:57-07:00, Brennan Vincent wrote:
> Or (ideally) even a fork of Guix which does so?

TBH this seems to be the only path forward.  Given the nature of Guix,
would our members entertain the idea of strictly banning contributions
involving LLM, which can be applied on a fork or a separate channel?
While we discuss this in details, could Guix maintainers issue
an interim ban on such contributions?

Best wishes,
Phong

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to