Dear Ian,

I'm not a contributor, I'm not a committer, I'm just a Guix user participating 
in this great community, and this is my way to participate...

On 2026-09-14, Ian Eure wrote:

[...]

> The LLM policy issue is the main one.

[...]

> The asymmetry of expectations within the GCD process.

[...]

> LLM commits hitting master.

[...]

I understand your position about the "LLM issue" in all its facets (copyright, 
climate, ecc.), I share some of your concerns but I disagee with most of your 
conclusions on this matter.

If we'd discuss on other software related matters - military use of free 
software, for example - maybe we'll find we agree on most, or maybe we disagree 
on all...

...but I'm pretty _sure_ we agree on _all_ the _political_ framework 
surrounding free software, starting with the "obvious" one like the four 
freedoms but including bootstrappability and reproducibility; for sure we very 
likely also agree that Guix is the best framework to _pragmatically_ make all 
this an everyday reality for users, and so on [1]

If the above is true, why don't you please choose to give more value to what 
unites us instead of what divides us?

Loving, Gio'


[1] what do you thing about the technological superiority of stateless config 
systems, for example?

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to