On Tue, Sep 15, 2026 at 12:06:24PM -0500, Javier Olaechea wrote: > Moving foward can we expect that LLM-assisted commits will be accepted > into Guix? > > A curt yes or no answer would suffice. As you mentioned in another email > there is no need to religate the LLM issue. We just want to understand > where the Guix project currently stands. Although I appreciate the effort > that goes into writing a longer, nuanced answer, I also understand how > stressful doing so can be.
I am under the impression that since defining a policy in a GCD failed, there is no policy for treating LLM patches. Thus their accpetance would be subject to the normal consensus building rules for pull requests: If all the people who comment on the PR think the LLM use is acceptable, it would be, but if anyone says that the change is not fine with them until it is rewritten without LLMs, then it can not be accepted. I personally (as a non-committer team member) would tend toward not giving accepting reviews to LLM patches, but am honestly not invested enough to comb through *all* new patches to be able to object to them. - Saku
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
