At 10:12 +0200 98/08/04, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
>It's not only people who use Haskell for teaching that want stability.
>If you've used Haskell for some real project where the current Haskell
>is adequate
 I think Standard Haskell is a good thing since it opens up
>the possibility of making non-compatible changes in Haskell 2.

  I think this question has been up before, the continued creativity of a
language versus its use as a programming language, which requires a
conservative approach. The dual approach Haskell 2 vs. Standard Haskell
sounds good from this perspective.

  I should note that if one want the programs of an earlier version of a
computer language should be able top run on a later version, that can be
described by a monad. So why not implement an upgrade monad in Haskell? --
It would solve the problem once and for all.

  Hans Aberg
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                  * Home Page: <http://www.matematik.su.se/~haberg/>