>   That's just what I intend to do.  I don't see Std Haskell as a big
>   deal, but even little deals are worth completing rather than
>   leaving as loose ends... and I'm more optimistic than Paul about
>   the usefulness of Std Haskell.  I would be happy to find a name
>   that was less grand and final-sounding than 'Standard Haskell' though;
>   but more final sounding than 'Haskell 1.5'.

Let's drop the name Standard Haskell for now.  I think Haskell 1.5 sounds
just fine, and is much truer to what's actually going on, given Haskell 2
on the horizon.  The name doesn't even need to sound definitive.  The point
is that *we* consider 1.5 a standard, and pledge to support it in our
implementations.  The users of it aren't going to care what the name is, as
long as the textbook examples work ;-)

--Jeff