Hunter:

The "Fail" shown in the photos was with an unevenly broken polyiso board
with quite ragged faces along the break. The successful followup test was
done with clean-cut, smooth faces. That really does make a difference. But,
still, you MUST clamp the repair, I have found.

Unfortunately, I have quite a few small, ragged breaks that need to be
repaired in my 40-some sheets of used polyiso. Continuing to work with
Liquid Nails on those with less than ideal results. Liquid Nails works well
on cleanly cut, smooth faces and spreads thinly with a putty knife (after
laying out your zig-zag pattern of Liquid Nails).

But, as mentioned in the "Fail" experiment, Liquid Nails does not "grab"
and hold pieces together like a tacky adhesive would. You must apply the
stuff to one surface -- spread it if you choose -- attach the pieces
tightly and clamp them in place for 24 hours.

UNRELATED CORRECTION: In the updated "success" test with Liquid Nails I
said I would need to build 30-degree angle braces for clamping roof-cone
pieces and (TYPO) 30-degree angle braces for clamping wall sections. It was
supposed to say 60-degree angle braces for the wall sections.