Hello,

I just tried forcing the quickplay beta on my computer to test the system.
It sent me to a UK based TF2 server (I'm in CA; I'm guessing the quickplay
beta server pool is so small that's why it sent me there), and I had to
download a whole bunch of sound files (at least 30), which I'm guessing are
used to play random sounds in-game or at round end. Is Valve OK with that?
I was under the impression that a server labelled Quickplay had to be as
Vanilla as possible, including not having to download extra sound/models.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed, I'm just curious since it's
probably a bit strange for new TF2 players (we get so many new-ish players
that are amazed there's a Respawn Timer in TF2 Payload mode.) (Maybe the
current quickplay already works like this? I admit I don't use it at all).

Thanks.
HG

*Plasma*
HyperionGaming.org Admin <http://www.hyperiongaming.org>