Unfortunately Valve will probably just remain silent on this topic and just
wait for it to go quiet until the next time someone brings it up. Sadly it
does strongly seem they're doing subtle changes to the game which push it
more towards official servers and therefore killing community servers
little by little. After all, two years down the road and no official
comments to anyone's complaint here. I'm not sure what we can do to change
their mindset towards this, if anything. Obviously one of the major
elements of this game, creativity, will suffer when (not if) the day
arrives that there's hardly any community run servers online anymore. To
use a phrase from Star Trek, "we are Valve, your communities will be
assimilated and will adapt to serve us, resistance is futile" :P. Hehe.

The modified screenshot earlier on, that's the best idea yet and should be
considered strongly by Valve! Come on, give us a sign that you still care
about the community that helped towards making the game what it is today!

I'd like to be proven wrong however, this time.