Hello David,

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 17:48:22 +1100, David Melik <[email protected]> wrote:



Thanks for letting me mail you the scans and showing me it could work.
After your description, I rescanned better, but did not get similar
results: http://mathematicon/david/art/scan_problem.jpg. I think you said I
could email you again, but I do not want to send too many emails, so am
posting... just wondering what I did wrong this time. Actually, after
rescanning in a better way (though I should probably redo it even again, to be more precise), Hugin did not automatically connect them; I had to go by the tutorial on connecting scanned images, including adding the points.


By all means contact me again, I'm happy to try to help.
I didn't have any success with the link, it always ended up at <mathematicon.com>. One approach you might try, if you would like to, is to pre-align your images prior to running CPFind.
Load your images, and note the numbering that hugin gives them.
Open the preview window, and select the "move/drag" tab.
You are now able to choose which images are displayed using the "displayed images" area. Select only one image and drag it into a position that roughly approximates where it should be in the overall layout. Use the cross hairs as a guide for position and overlap if you have a two by two arrangement. Add another image, dragging it into position, with approx overlap. Do that for all images. In the editor window, choose "Hugin's CPFind (prealigned)", and create control points. If that doesn't help automatically find suitable control points then you may have to resort to manually setting your control points, although from my knowledge of your initial set of images I wouldn't expect an issue if you have sufficient overlap.

See how you go, and if you would still like more help feel free to email me an archive of downsized images from your new scan.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/op.w41gwtfvrs0ygh%40localhost.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to