Hi there,
My humble opinion is that it should remain as a drum machine. Obviously a
very powerful drum machine and so, but nothing more, nothing less.

My view is to stick with the UNIX philosophy: a set of simple tools which do
just what they're intended to, and then are put together with pipes (jack)
when needed.
There are sequencers, samplers and synths in linux over there... why should
every program try to do the same as the others? why we keep on competing
instead of cooperating?

Of course it's comfortable to have everything in the same program, but
that's more the philosophy of commercial software in my oppinion.

So that's it, I wanted copy-paste and tempo changes in hydrogen, which are
currently there, and a gui which has no problems with the tiny screen of my
netbook... which is actually on the wishlist.
Ah, and once I learned how to glue jack, hydrogen and ardour... that was a
real revelation! :-D.

That's it, my oppinion. Whatever you decide you can count on me for
translations and maybe a bit more. My c++ skills are really rusty right now
(even when my initials are cpp: Carles Perarnau Parera).

Salut i porrons!!