On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Carles Perarnau wrote:

> My view is to stick with the UNIX philosophy: a set of simple tools which do
> just what they're intended to, and then are put together with pipes (jack)
> when needed.

UNIX philosophy barely works for GUI applications. Admit it :)

> There are sequencers, samplers and synths in linux over there... why should
> every program try to do the same as the others? why we keep on competing
> instead of cooperating?

There is nothing for H2 to compete with regarding live perfomance
except probably MAX and Pure Data which are quite different beasts.
Ah, seq24 maybe, to some extent as well.

> Of course it's comfortable to have everything in the same program, but
> that's more the philosophy of commercial software in my oppinion.

It has nothing to do with commerciality. You already admit that it's
comfortable to have everything in one place, but then you go fighting
for philosophy. Why? Are you musician or politician? I wouldn't want
software to be designed by politicians. Sorry if I'm too harsh on you,
but I want to use software that makes me productive, not more geeky :)

Alexandre