>These issues have been around for well over 40 years, and if they haven't been
>addressed then shame on whoever's responsible.
>It simply isn't acceptable to say that "something got messed up".
>This isn't 1975.

Unfortunately, everything old is new again.
People who don't learn from history ...

I was recently involved in a data recovery issue where the back-ups were never
tested.
This wasn't discovered until a user accidently deleted 5 years of operational
data.
He thought he was deleting one week's worth.

We thought no problem.
But, oops!

It turned out our contract with our service provider did not allow for the
testing back-ups.

And, even though it's a best practice, if you don't pay for it, you don't get
it.

An application problem, followed by a procedural problem still happens.

-
I'm a SuperHero with neither powers, nor motivation!
Kimota!