>I disagree, John. Spelling is VERY important in preserving the meaning of
>written communications.

I agree 100%!
When I was an elementary school student, in the 1960's, and I did a science
project, if I made a spelling, or grammatical, error, my science teacher would
take up to 5% off of the project, no matter how good it was.

When my boys (now 17 & 21) were in elementary (and secondary) school, I'd
complain to the teachers that their grammar and spelling was totally
unacceptable.
Their response was:
a. As a non-educational professional, I had no right to complain.
b. It didn't really matter as long as they could communicate.

I disagreed.
If we don't all speak and spell as a common standard, that's just as bad as
programming with conflicting standards.

Communication is just as important!!

-
I'm a SuperHero with neither powers, nor motivation!
Kimota!