>Especially when every company that does DR testing always come back
>proclaiming how successful the test was.

Tell me about it!
I was involved, as a customer, when our service provider declared a test a
success when it didn't even meet more than 5 (out of almost 100) success
criteria.
Some applications didn't even get successfully restored.
DB2 and IMS never came up.

I was in the dog-house for telling it like it was: a dismal failure.
Not only from our service provider, but from my own managemenrt chain.

As far as I'm concerned, a test is to tell you what's not working, and fix it.
But, everybody wants to flee from their auditors and call every test a success.

I guess, in a way, finding out flaws is a success, but politics don't work that
way.

-
I'm a SuperHero with neither powers, nor motivation!
Kimota!