Excellent, Thank you Tom!

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Brennan
Sent: Saturday, May 1, 2021 8:12 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: And the survey says...

Caution! This message was sent from outside your organization.

Click the Options/Options menu and the Misc tab, and there's an option there in
the File Transfer Settings named Blocksize.  I probably need to rename it
because it isn't BLKSIZE, it's the I/O buffer size between mainframe and client.

That defaults to 2500 which is leftover from 1998.  I've found if I set that
to, say 25000, my transfers run about 10 times faster (well, I never really
measured, but it really helps).  So check for that and bump up the number (a
lot) if it's 2500 or so.