From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:06 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Issue with TS3500 Tape Library.

Do you have hardware support?  If so, I would have them come onsite and see if
the robot needs to be "taught"

Lizette

backup
> job, the robot inside the library is not picking up the tape using the
barcodes (As of
> now, we are manually moving the tapes to the drive). Also the drive is
> not
ejecting
> the tape out(moving it to empty slot) after a successful read/write
operation.

> What could be the problem here ?
>
> FYKI : We are using 3592 JB tapes and the VOLSER reporting on the tape
library is
> configured to 6 digits. All the tapes are initialized with six digit
VOLSER.

> Thanks,
> Arun Chinnadurai

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out
your
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.