If you have hardware support and they have a problem with diagnosis, then
you need to get them to work harder.

If necessary, they should contact IBM hardware support (they should pay any
costs, not you) on this issue.

Sometimes it is firmware  or microcode, sometimes the computers in the
drives need to be re-taught their job.  My IBM CEs had to do this multiple
times on my drives.

If you do not have CBR messages in SYSLOG and there are no messages on the
log for the TS3500s, then there is something very wrong with the hardware.

Lizette