Vignesh,

Until you have had your job (your way of life) ripped away from you, you cant
get upset when folks get testy.
Management loves to tell their bosses that we are going to Outsource
IT....saving boat loads of money, but of course they will get a huge bonus once
its Outsourced.  Then they will disappear once there is a debris field of
problems.  Who's going to get them out of the ditch.....well those same folks
that you either laid-off, forced to retire or if you are lucky, still work
there.

We know that Outsourced folks aren't as good as local staff....problem is
Management doesn't see it that way.
They see a Cobol programmer is a Cobol programmer....not a Cobol programmer
with 40 years experience and 20-30 years on an application verses a Cobol
programmer right out of school.  Those 40 years of experience has shown me how
to code a program or how to fix a problem.....unfortunately many times it's
because we know what will NOT work.  So, once we find a way or method of doing
things, we stick with it....it's called experience.

One of the reasons these guys and gals know soooo much about Z/oS Operating
System is because they didn't start at Z/oS, many started back in the DOS/VS
days.  My opinion, Systems folks "had" to know a lot more about the Operating
System then they do today.  They didn't have all the fancy cool tools that say
Candle or CA or BMC put out today.  Many times, they had to roll up their
sleeves and make Programming changes to the Operating System or to an
Application in a ditch.

>From an application side, there was no such thing as a job scheduler.
>Scheduling jobs was a part of the Lead Operators job.  Along with knowing what
>jobs can run together....enough memory or what disk packs were mounted.  When
>was the last time you mounted disk packs each night ??  I used to do it all
>the time....now, no one does it.

I personally don't like Outsourcing at all.  The joke is that, this can be done
and no one will notice or there wont be "much" of a cost.  How much cost is the
Business willing to take ??  How much control are you willing to give up ??  Is
it good business to have business in one Country, IT in another ??  Could be
HUGE Customer Privacy or Business interests when IT is in a different Country.
As a vendor, how do I know that my code will be safe in another Country ??

Sorry guys, off my box now....back to work.

Thanks,

Tom Savor