>If you need help setting them up, send me an offline email and I can direct
>you through it.  It will take you all of about 10 minutes to do the OSA
>changes and another 5 to generate the NIP OS consoles in your IODF.

Thanks Brian, we do have those consoles set up (someone else did it), and the
HMCS worked great for NIP. Due to the wrong definition I could only use one per
plex.

To answer my own question: This morning I went and deleted the console named
HMCS in the sandplex. I corrected the definition to now specify this:
CONSOLE DEVNUM(HMCS) NAME(HMCS&SYSNAME.) AUTH(MASTER) MSCOPE(*)
        INTIDS(Y) LEVEL(ALL) UNKNIDS(Y) ROUTCODE(1-10,11-128)
(Note that I also limit mscope now to make health checker happy. And we use 4
character system names.)

Then I IPL'd the system where the console named HMCS was once active. The new
console HMCSxxxx activated just fine. And a good thing it did because the
Operating System Messages console is complete crap - the last message it was
showing was a listing of my IEASYSxx parms. I was running blind until NIP was
done. IBM will need to fix this - I have encountered it several times now.

It turns out that the other system in the sandplex still cannot activate an
HMCS console, not even console HMCSyyyy. Now that I saw this, it makes sense
because an MCS console has control blocks built at IPL and (AFAIK) at IPL only,
and there simply are no control blocks to describe the new HMCSyyyy console on
the not-yet-IPL'd system. We'll take care of that during the day when we move
that other system to the z13.

Barbara