From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Smith
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:44 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Looks like lots of folks in marketing said thanks but
no thanks

1. Purely imaginary.  Besides being too random to be useful, those "meetings"
are about family, dogs, and favourite comedies.  Business interaction is often
better facilitated with electronic communication (see your #3).
2. Purely imaginary.  You cannot "see" much of anything.  A manager's job is to
get results, not to baby-sit (monitor) their team.  If the manager hires people
who need to be constantly supervised, well then, that's on the manager.
3. Agreed.  Every office I've worked in was apparently designed to prevent me
from concentrating on anything.  I'm far, far more productive in my quiet,
distraction-free home office.

I also liked going to the office (mostly), and seeing everyone.  But I was able
to actually work maybe 50% of the time there.

sas