1. Pure confirmed. YMMV.
2. Pure observed everyday, YMMV.
3. It depends on many factors, including openspace, which I hate. YMMV. Note, sometimes poeple cannot work as "lonely wolf" the have to cooperate with other folks. If your task is 100% to be done by you with no interactions, then you can pefrom it everywhere, including your garden or bathroom. But what it it's not?

The above (and below) are not my imaginations, I've been a manager for 20+ years, used to manage folks onsite and telecommuting as well, so I based my €0.02 worth opinion on my (and not only mine) experience. Of course a devils is in the details, people's characters, office organisation, cultural factors (being in US many times I observed people in the coffee point behave somewhat differently, I cannot describe it exactly, but I feel it), etc.

Regards
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland