From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of scott Ford
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 8:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Running unsupported is dangerous was Re: AW: Re: LE strikes again

As a vendor i have been receiving questions about DoS attacks on z/OS ..
I understand the idea / concept of perimeter defense , i was a Network Engineer
in a pass life.
But from a application point of view, if the application is using AT/TLS and
there are Pagent protection policies for PORTS/IP addresses and the application
is using encryption, where's the risk ???