From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Martin Packer
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Researching Destination z article on non-US mainframes

In my (also) worldwide experience the challenges my customers face are VERY
similar wherever you are.

Cheers, Martin

Sent from my iPad

wrote:

> I have installed and supported mainframes all over the world, all over
Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, Middle East, South America, USA, and even in
Iceland, Greenland and the South (and almost-north) Poles and I don't really
understand the question I guess.  The installation and support is almost
identical.  The users are obviously using them differently, but in general they
are quite similar.  Were you expecting something "odd" with non-US mainframe
users or sites?  Do they speak other languages, yes, does it matter to the
mainframe, not really.  What differences are you looking for?  I mostly see
similarities, and maybe I'm just looking beyond differences to see them, but I
probably need more information on what you're looking for to be able to respond
better.

> Brian Westerman

> For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,  send
>email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN
>Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.