On Sun, 6 May 2018 21:14:38 -0400, Jim Mulder <d10j...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>  GETMAIN is not going to ever manage 32-bit storage.
>I would word you requirement this way:
>
> " I would like to have a USE2GTO4G=NO|YES
>parameter on IARV64 GETSTOR, similar to the already exisiting
>USE2GTO32G=NO|YES and USE2GTO64G=NO|YES.
>And I would like to have a way to tell the system to reserve the
>2GTO4G area to be used only for USE2GTO4G=YES requests."

Hi Jim. Based on the discussion to date it seems clear
that there is no way that I can get a single 3 GiB block
of memory allocated below 4 GiB, and the above
option is better than nothing. So I would like to submit
an RFE as above. What can I put in as the business
justification? "So that I can call 32-bit routines that
can cope with being executed as AM64"?

Thanks. Paul.