On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 5:22 AM, Paul Edwards <mutazi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ​<snip>
>

> Wow. Suggesting LOC=32 for z/OS is a bannable offence?

​Yeah, that was a bit extreme, IMO. Given some of the, admittedly strange
(even I think they're strange) ideas that _I_ sometimes propose, LOC=32 is
reasonable. I guess it's your ongoing "pushing" that has Tony P.O.'d.
Personally, I just drop out of these types of conversations when they
become non-productive. I consider this thread to, now, be non-productive,
because there isn't a hope in <redacted>​ of getting IBM to implement it.
Personally, if I wanted to be "pushy", I'd be all over the access method
people to make a native AMODE(64) interface to all datasets (i.e. update
BSAM, QSAM, and BPAM), say be extending the ACB somehow. And don't get me
started on the <redacted>-poor "POSIX compliant" implementation of the
basic UNIX utilities (Give me GNU or give me death!).

> BFN. Paul.

We all have skeletons in our closet.
Mine are so old, they have osteoporosis.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown