One poster asked for recommendations for a RFE to request that SVC 120 be
updated to
be compatible with what was needed for a S/360-67 that was announced on
1965-08-16.
The discussion resulted in strange discussion about AMODE, unrelated
architecture changes,
unrelated program changes, unrelated PARM list changes, unrelated motives, etc.

Yes, it was obvious that AMODE 64 would be require to use memory above 2GB.
But we already have AMODE 64 programs and that is what would be used.

Yes, we know the history of IBM S/360-24bit, S/360-16bit, S/360-32bit, etc.
But that doesn't change the SVC 120 update request.

Yes, we know that quad-modal is not wanted.
But, the SVC 120 request had nothing to do with quad-modal.

There was a hint that moving the location of extended common memory might be
nice.
But that is not a requirement or even a stated request.
Knowing the requestor, I'm certain that he will request that and other
strangeness later.

Suggesting different GETMAIN parameter list bits might be helpful.
Explaining that IBM doesn't like upward compatibility from S/360-32bit might be
helpful.
Inventing architectural changes was not helpful.

The requested GETMAIN/FREEMAIN SVC 120 change would harm no one but would
only help IBM's income by adding marketing propaganda.
i.e. Hooray, IBM can again use 32-bit virtual memory, hooray.