(I reached my message quota so I had to pause posting)

On Mon, 7 May 2018 14:34:27 -0400, Tony Thigpen <t...@vse2pdf.com> wrote:

>I just realized what is happening. Paul is involved with the rouge

You mean "rogue". It's not rogue, it provides
a platform to experiment on to produce ideas
for the improvement of z/OS. Such as allowing
the READ routines to execute in AM64.

BTW, "rouge" means "red", hence the clever jokes. :-)

>development of MVS/380 (and VSE/380) to run on Herc as 32bit, not 31bit.

It is running as 64-bit, not just 32-bit.

>Now that they have a non-conforming operating system, they want the real
>operating system people to support some of the stuff they did in the
>rouge operating system.

It would be good if z/OS had all the
capabilities proven to work in MVS/380, yes.

>Paul, If you are going to create your own operating system, then you
>have to acknowledge that there will be differences and you can't expect
>the real operating system people to change a major item just to remove
>those differences.

It's z/OS's loss if they don't support 4 GiB of
memory for 32-bit programs.

>This is a list about z/OS, OS/390 and MVS, not some rouge, non-IBM
>operating system.

My change request is for z/OS to be as good as
Windows etc, even when running 32-bit programs.
Not just as good as MVS/380. The mainframe has
copped some flak for only having 31-bit addressing
when everyone else manages 32. I'm attempting
to remove that.

>Now that I understand where you are coming from, I
>personally would like to see you banned for wasting our time.

Wow. Suggesting LOC=32 for z/OS is a bannable offence?

BFN. Paul.