On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 12:47, Chad Emrys <ad...@codeangel.org> wrote:

> It's not that I'm that sure of myself, it's that I believe that my opinion
> has merit, and I keep seeing the exact same argument over and over again
> that I believe is not a very good argument (They can just google it thing).
>  Some other people have provided other arguments as well and those are more
> valued. (Though I don't think they are strong enough reasons yet NOT to do
> it).

    It does have merit --- to you, and perhaps a few others.
Hopefully without sounding like I'm ridiculing you (it's not my
intent), have you seriously considered this at all, and are you
realizing that it's just not going to happen at this time?  I mean, if
you submitted a request or implementation proposal for an INI-based
option to switch between token strings and expanded help messages,
that would likely receive more serious attention than the dismissive
discussion.

> Forking won't fix this particular problem.

    Well, if your statement about how no one here who disagrees with
you does "enough support" (which is, quite frankly, an asinine
assessment), then an equal rebuttal will be that you do not know
enough about the inner workings of the software you claim to support,
nor the culture of the group who maintains it.

    You're taking a minor annoyance and trying to convince the masses
- and indeed the "powers that be" - that it is tantamount to Y2K38.
Again, I'm really not trying to insult you or your original opinion
here, Chad, but the continued arguments are almost coming off as silly
now.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers, Cloud and Cloud Hybrid Solutions, VPS, Hosting