On 10/30/2010 12:44 PM, Peter Lind wrote:
On 30 October 2010 19:18, Chad Emrys<ad...@codeangel.org>  wrote:
On 10/30/2010 11:58 AM, Daniel P. Brown wrote:
On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 12:47, Chad Emrys<ad...@codeangel.org>    wrote:

It's not that I'm that sure of myself, it's that I believe that my
opinion
has merit, and I keep seeing the exact same argument over and over again
that I believe is not a very good argument (They can just google it
thing).
  Some other people have provided other arguments as well and those are
more
valued. (Though I don't think they are strong enough reasons yet NOT to
do
it).

     It does have merit --- to you, and perhaps a few others.
Hopefully without sounding like I'm ridiculing you (it's not my
intent), have you seriously considered this at all, and are you
realizing that it's just not going to happen at this time?  I mean, if
you submitted a request or implementation proposal for an INI-based
option to switch between token strings and expanded help messages,
that would likely receive more serious attention than the dismissive
discussion.

Forking won't fix this particular problem.

     Well, if your statement about how no one here who disagrees with
you does "enough support" (which is, quite frankly, an asinine
assessment), then an equal rebuttal will be that you do not know
enough about the inner workings of the software you claim to support,
nor the culture of the group who maintains it.

     You're taking a minor annoyance and trying to convince the masses
- and indeed the "powers that be" - that it is tantamount to Y2K38.
Again, I'm really not trying to insult you or your original opinion
here, Chad, but the continued arguments are almost coming off as silly
now.

If you haven't noticed, I am a bit stubborn, yes it's a problem.  When I
submitted this proposal, I have to at least try to plant a bug in their
brain that perhaps, they are being to hasty on dismissing this argument.
  True, I do not know a lot about this particular culture that maintains PHP.
  I just know the bigger culture of those who use PHP, and some of them are
quite annoyed by the dismissive nature of the maintainers who are quite at
odds to what the majority of the community want or needs.  And I am sort of
glad to annoy those who are overly dismissive, and hopefully ploy the one's
who are on the fence.

No one said I was good at politics.  But the fact one has to play the
politics game here to get anything worth while doesn't really phase me.

Now I am starting to find this argument straying from the point.  I don't
believe attacking me personally or me attacking the nature of this mailing
list really has to do with the subject line.

Why not throw your weight behind http://wiki.php.net/rfc/lemon ? Seems
to me that might get a lot more traction.

Regards
Peter

I actually know Etienne, he does spend some of his time fighting the good fight of supporting PHP :p. Anyway he has said the lemon parser project is going kind of slow as it is proving to be more difficult because some of the weirdness in PHP. (Don't ask me what that means.) Maybe more help should be put into that effort?