On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Chad Emrys <ad...@codeangel.org> wrote:
> I'm not arguing about learning another culture. The argument is that an
> error message that should be straight forward, isn't.

You misunderstand my point.

It isn't straightforward for -you- because that isn't your native
language. Thus the cultural point. But if switched to
"T_DOUBLE_COLON", then others who don't know English could then argue
it isn't straight forward.

It's an entirely pedantic point to argue, I agree, but thus far you
entire complain was because it isn't in English, and you want it
changed so you "don't have to hear about it constantly". The fact is,
it says "double colon" in a different language, so aside from
translation there's nothing wrong with it at all.

Magic would be internationalizing the error messages, but then there
will be someone whose language doesn't have a version.

--
Jack Timmons
@_Codeacula