-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Schrijver [mailto:alexander.schrij...@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 November 2010 12:19
To: Stefan Marr
Cc: Dennis Haarbrink; Stan Vass; internals@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] RE: [SPAM] Re: [PHP-DEV] rename T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM
to T_DOUBLE_COLON

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 12:59:54PM +0100, Stefan Marr wrote:

> On 01 Nov 2010, at 12:06, Alexander Schrijver wrote:
> > Its a minor change and an annoyance to a lot of people. Yes, by not changing
> > this you'r annoying thousands of people.
> Instead of going for this cosmetic nonsense you should help those people on
> the lemon branch.
> I am insulted every time I have to read a parser token name in an error
> message, instead of a sensible error message.
> The cost of understanding T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM as part of the current
> mumbo-jumbo is completely insignificant compared to the cost of actually
> understanding the error message just indicating what the parser would have
> expected.
>
> Changing to lemon is the only way to actually achieve something in the long
> run...

Right, and be forced to introduce some bullshit hebrew when its done. No, thank
you.

Err, the entire point is that it won't matter what the underlying token is. The
error as seen can be anything you want it to be, or at least you can have a
fight about what the new message looks like and i'm sure there won't really be
a compelling reason for it to be in hebrew (unless localized).
Please grow up...