On 07/10/2019 07:22, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
I personally thought we had thom - no removing things unless there's a
very good reason to.

Hi Stanislav,

It has yet to be determined if there's a consensus on if the arguments given in favour of deprecation represent a good enough reason for the BC change.

That is the purpose of the eventual vote, is it not? To allow the community to make that determination.

Regardless of the outcome of this specific RFC, I am of the firm belief that it's important to be able to re-visit past choices every now and then. That applies to most things, not just PHP.

--
Mark Randall