On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Mika Fischer wrote: > 3) Then there's the issue of the invisible fonts. I can confirm now, > that X successfully loads all fonts and that it are the right ones. > Also, the calls to Xutf8DrawString and Xutf8DrawImageString seem to > have sane parameters. Why they don't work is a mystery to me. But it > might as well be a bug in X. I don't know anyone with the neccessary > knowlege of X to help me here unfortunately.
I'd say you probably have this problem because you're using XFree86 4.3. I recall that Tuomo has said: "Thanks to bugs (?) in some of the XFree86 Xutf8 functions, your locales must be properly set up or else X will stop drawing strings at non-ascii characters instead of ignoring them. See my earlier rants on the mailing list for reasons on not using the more standard Xmb functions." So maybe the problem is related to the fact that Ion uses the Xutf8 functions which are less used in other programs (?) and therefore are more likely to contain bugs. I also found this message in the list archive: <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.window-managers.ion.general/3288>. Looks similar to your problem.
