>> It runs on my own server, and post buildbot's results to the group.
Eventually it would migrate to Sunish's server (is it a Linux ? Which
distro ?)

I have seen the buildbot's posts, I don't think they will cutter a
forum anyways so maybe we can just have the buildbot's posts on the
forum as well. Would it be possible to modify buildbot to post on a
forum? How does it post messages?

>> Do you think it could be possible to "mirror" this list (google group)
so we can keep it ?

I don't think we can "mirror" it both ways so we can keep google group
+ a forum. I think the idea is that we all use one central website??

We may be able to move all posts onto the forum but it may be
difficult so I see it as just a waste of time. Do we really need all
the old posts?

Also, I really don't think we need any of the jallist posts as most of
the posts are very old and relate to jal 0.4x

>> Is it also possible to reply to a forum from a mail, or do I have to
use a web interface ? (I've never used a forum...)

You can get notifications for new posts via email, but I think you
will have to go to the forum to reply, I can look into it. I'm
guessing you use email to reply to google groups messages?

A forum is very similar to http://groups.google.com/ web interface,
but you can have many different major topic titles.

Take a look at http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/ (forum from a open
source windows language). You must be a member to make a post, just
like google groups.

They have forum major topic titles like we would have:

Announcements and Site News
Developer Chat
General Help and Support
Example Scripts



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to