To reply to this discussion:

I like Fluxbb (the former Punbb) which is a lightweight forum
software. Just the basic things, the rest you'll have to add yourself.
This is especially useful for starters: a forum can contain a huge
amount of info. If the interface is complex too, the starters could
have get some problems.

For fluxbb (version 1.2) you can still use the extensions from
punres.org... this is one for mailinglist-thingies:
http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=169.

A website is absolutelty a must! A couple of months ago, I made
something in an hour; this was the result:
http://phalox.be/jal/

The layout just stinks, but you see what you can accomplish in just an
hour, with low-php-knowledge :-)
A CMS Could be usefull, but I don't like them really. Too complicated,
too many features you'll probably never use. The 'basic package' is
too extended.


Toon

On 22 jul, 08:54, mattschinkel <[email protected]> wrote:
> I found that there is an add-on for the open source forum phpbb that
> allows email postings. If I can get this to work would you be
> interested in using a forum?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to