> I think/remember Sunish already has a server. I don't know where it's
> hosted, but I can remember it has SSH access (very important, if I want to
> move buildbot for instance, and to move any kind of scripts needed for
> development). From FCDHost site, I can see there's no SSH access...

We can use Sunish's server and a server is great. but I don't think we
should rely on it completely. I don't think the website should be
built so it requires ssh. Don't you agree? If something happens and we
don't have that server anymore, we would have to go out and rent a
server.

The webhost I suggested does not supply ssh. Any webhost with ssh
access will not be reliable, it is a security issue if the server is
not kept up to date. These webhosts can go out of business as they
only supply ssh to beat the big company competition whom does not have
ssh.

Scripts that require ssh can be run from another location, or on the
same server without affecting the website files directly.

> Apart from forum (and most importantly IMHO), the website will also be
> useful to put some documentation. What's your plan ? Wiki ? Blog ?

I would suggest a main page like http://jal.sunish.net with info,
links, downloads, documentation, and a seperate page for the forum
(such as in /forum/ directory or forum.domain.com). Having a forum +
right/left columns with links does not work. It makes your reading
area very small. After we get this setup, we can discuss wiki/blog etc
for how-to's.

I am going to do some reasearch... I'll try out Drupal and I'll try to
find a good forum that also acts as a mailing list. I would like to
build a site that is pleaseable to developers as well as newbies. You
guys are hard to please :o)

At the moment, if someone was to ask me, Where do I go to get started
with jal?, I guess the answer is google.com
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to