>
> We can use Sunish's server and a server is great. but I don't think we
> should rely on it completely. I don't think the website should be
> built so it requires ssh. Don't you agree?


Absolutely, site should be able to be built without ssh access (except
exceptions...). SSH is for non-website related things.


>
> The webhost I suggested does not supply ssh. Any webhost with ssh
> access will not be reliable, it is a security issue if the server is
> not kept up to date. These webhosts can go out of business as they
> only supply ssh to beat the big company competition whom does not have
> ssh.


Put the ssh server on a different port than 22, use public/private key, run
a debian, and execute "apt-get dist-upgrade" regularly...


>
> Scripts that require ssh can be run from another location, or on the
> same server without affecting the website files directly.


Sure, it's independent.



> I am going to do some reasearch... I'll try out Drupal and I'll try to
> find a good forum that also acts as a mailing list. I would like to
> build a site that is pleaseable to developers as well as newbies. You
> guys are hard to please :o)


Not as much as jal users... :)


Cheers,
Seb

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to